Please apply directly to KUIU for this role.
At KUIU, we are committed to crafting the lightest, most advanced mountain hunting clothing and
equipment on earth. We live it. We breath it. And as part of the KUIU product team, you obsess over it.
The Product Developer is responsible for developing and commercializing product within KUIU’s product portfolio. With direction from the Apparel Development Manager, they will collaborate with Technical Designers and Product Designers to create tech packs and lead the product commercialization process from design handoff to bulk production.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create and maintain tech packs throughout development process.
• Perform daily communications with vendors and suppliers both overseas and domestically.
• Assist in the sourcing and development of new trims, treatments, embellishments, and construction techniques.
• Monitor quality control standards for trims, construction techniques, and finished products.
· Fully evaluate development samples, including measuring, evaluating overall quality, construction, materials, and tech pack adherence.
· Lead fittings in partnership with Tech Designers.
· Evaluate component and garment costing in partnership with Sourcing and Product Management.
· Assists throughout wear test process with coordination of samples, surveying, and analyzing data.
· Leverages technical knowledge and leadership support to brainstorm, troubleshoot and resolve issues.
· Keep development on track, hitting all key milestones and deadlines.
· Maintain trim library.
· Manage and perform garment and trim testing as necessary.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is preferred.
2+ years of consumer product development preferred.
Competent with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suites (most critically Excel and Adobe Illustrator).
Experience with PLM systems preferred.
Awareness of consumer trends, the hunting market, and business processes.
Needs to work well both independently and in teams.
Must possess keen attention to detail, have excellent follow-through skills, and be pro-active.
Should be quick, collaborative, and creative.
Need to be able to thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
Have ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at once.
Must have strong communication skills (verbal and written).
· Full time
· Onsite in Dixon, CA
· Pay: $25-35/hour depending on experience