Please apply directly to New Balance for this role.
The New Balance eCommerce Assistant Merchant is responsible for supporting the merchant in driving the overall merchandising strategy for assigned category on NewBalance.com. The Assistant Merchant will assist in running product lines for sales, margin, supply chain and exceeding customer expectations. The Assistant Merchant will be responsible for ad hoc reporting and analysis, market research, promo planning and execution, marketing and style set-up/maintenance. This role will be expected to be an expert in merchandising systems and processes. The Assistant Merchant communications with cross-functional partners and vendors for images, content, and price information. To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate would possess a desire to learn new ideas/concepts regularly, want to learn analytics and how to use them to influence business decisions, have an ability to work independently as well as cross functionally with many teams and perform in a digital environment with strict attention to detail. This role reports into the merchant and is part of the North American eCommerce team.MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- With direction from the Merchant and Senior Merchandise Manager, conduct market research, gather industry data, track trends, themes and driven shopping to assist with item selection
- Maintain assortment planner with detailed launch timing, communicate regularly with the Global and Supply teams to ensure most up to date info. Relay any updates to Planning & Site teams promptly
- Run financial and site metric ad hoc reports and complete analysis as needed, utilize to explain the “why” around the business and not just the “what”
- Partner with Site Merch and Marketing teams to proof all collateral to ensure content is accurate and reflects in stock items
- Review competitors shopping experiences to identify trends, new product ideas, notable presentations and pricing discrepancies
- Plan promotions together with the Merchant and partner with the Planner to review forecasts
- Maintain promo spreadsheets with all accurate information and changes, enter them into the promotional tickers, and implement all promotions flawlessly with the Site Ops & Merch teams
- Submit and manage any IT and Ops tickets. Work with those teams on system or product errors seen or improvements needed
- Process price changes and any inventory transactions needed (orders, RTVs, transfers)
- Execute and communicate product disposition process with JNBO team
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
- Buying or Dot Com Site Merchandising experience
- Bold and proactive demeanor to solve problems and win at all levels
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Exposure to Adobe or Google Analytics preferred
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high-pressure environment
- Ability to work independently
- Able to multi-task priorities
- Financial / Analytical interest & foresight
Regular Associate Benefits
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. New Balance offers a comprehensive traditional benefits package including three options for medical insurance as well as dental, vision, life insurance and 401K. We also proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks – opportunities like online learning and development courses, tuition reimbursement, $100 monthly student loan support and various mentorship programs – that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You’ll also enjoy a yearly $1,000 lifestyle reimbursement, 4 weeks of vacations, 12 holidays and generous parental leave, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword – it’s part of our culture.Temporary associates are provided three options for medical insurance as well as dental and vision insurance and an associate discount.
Part time associates are provided 401k, short term disability, a yearly $300 lifestyle reimbursement and an associate discount.
Flexible Work Schedule
For decades we have fostered a unique culture founded on our values with a particular focus on in-person teamwork and collaboration. Our North American hybrid model encourages rich in-person experiences, showcasing our commitment to teamwork and connection, while maintaining flexibility for associates. New Balance Associates currently work in office three days per week (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday). Our offices are fully open, and amenities are available across our North American office locations. To continue our focus on hybrid work we have introduced “Work from Anywhere” (WFA) for four weeks per calendar year. This model will help us enhance our culture while continuing to maintain elements of flexibility.