Please apply directly to Urban Outfitters for this role.
In collaboration with the store team, the Visual Merchandising Manager supports the operations of the store with an emphasis on merchandising and display to create an inspiring and dynamic visual experience for the customer. This role is a key holding position.
- Influence: acts as a brand representative reflective of the company values; partners with the Display Artist and Department Managers on the creation of an engaging visual experience that appeals to the UO customer
- Customer Connection: delivers exceptional customer experiences that are engaging and personalized, yet efficient
- Lead Change & Innovation: takes a forward-thinking approach to the customer experience, in-store creative marketing, merchandising, activations, and supporting store teams to drive sales and create a compelling store environment
LEADERSHIP + TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Prioritize Talent:supports the recruiting, hiring, mentoring, and training of department and display candidates to drive bench and succession planning; maintains responsibility and ownership of own development and professional growth
- Develop & Coach: sets clear objectives and expectations by coaching team members on store processes, business analysis, merchandise placement and standards, visual display
- Inspire & Motivate: inspires team through shared fate, creativity, and empowerment; tailors motivation to the individual and leveraging the strengths of the team
VISUAL + BUSINESS OPERATIONS
- Store Environment Directives: manages visual direction of display and merchandising process from planning through execution to meet company expectations, budgets, and timeline
- Business Acumen: assesses store business using company reporting tools to identify department and global opportunities for the store; takes smart visual risks with measurable results to maximize sales and impact customer experience
- Product Flow: drives an effective shipment and omni process to prioritize getting product to the customer; takes a forward-thinking approach to make a strategic plan for execution and recovery of sell through and markdowns
- Manage Operations: takes an active role in daily operating processes through payroll management and adapting the zone and visual support to the needs of the business
- Awareness: adheres to store’s safety standards, inventory accuracy, reduction of product loss, and upholds all company policy and procedures to support the profitability of the store
COMMUNICATION + RELATIONSHIPS
- Share Knowledge: facilitates the sharing of product knowledge, current trends, visual priorities and brand messaging through daily meetings with the team and customer
- Collaboration: checks in with Store Brand Leader, Department Manager, and Display Artist to maintain communication and teamwork on completing store objectives; encourage and demonstrate adaptability to affect change and successfully execute a shared vision
- Communicate: stays current and responds to interoffice communication while ensuring important Company information reaches all levels of the team; provides global product and visual feedback to Store Brand Leader and District Brand Leader
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.