Please apply directly to Mad Engine for this role
Salary Range: $100,000.00 To 120,000.00 Annually
Mad Engine is a renowned apparel design and manufacturing company that specializes in creating innovative and high-quality clothing and accessories for various brands and clients. With a commitment to excellence and creativity, we aim to exceed industry standards and deliver exceptional products to our customers worldwide.
The Tax Manager must have at least 3 years indirect tax experience in, or supporting, a consumer products distribution company. Degree in Tax or Accounting required. The right individual will have excellent organizational and management skills. This is a hands-on, on-site, one-person position. This person must be a self-starter who can work independently and enjoys the challenges of a growing energetic company.
Responsibilities (may include but are not limited to):
- Prepare timely filings of monthly sales and use, as well as gross receipt tax returns, and annual property tax returns for the consolidated Company.
- Manage all aspects of indirect tax audits.
- Register with states as required.
- Address non-income tax issues and inquiries from all states.
- Assist in the setup of new customers to ensure compliance with tax regulations.
- Establish and maintain a database for customer exemption certificates to ensure compliance.
- Assist in the preparation of annual income tax returns by providing essential information to external tax partners.
- Continuously improve the Company’s indirect tax exposure.
- Compile tax notices for the Company and act as the liaison with external tax partners.
- Collaborate with the private equity tax team by participating in planning and status meetings.
- Stay updated on state and local tax laws and legislation to ensure compliance.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in indirect tax management.
- Bachelor's degree in Tax or Accounting is required.
- CPA license or tax certifications is a bonus.
- Strong experience in Sales & Use Tax management and reporting, including the management of state audits.
- Familiarity with other indirect tax areas such as property and gross receipts.
- Demonstrated ability to independently lead all aspects of indirect tax with support from Corporate and Division Controllers.
- Prior experience in the distribution industry is preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail and proficiency in computer skills, particularly with spreadsheets.
- Proficiency with Excel or other spreadsheet tools is required.
- Ability to adapt and learn other system applications as needed.
We provide an industry-competitive salary, along with a comprehensive benefits plan (medical, dental, vision) that includes a matching 401(k), generous PTO, merchandise discounts, excellent career development opportunities, and a work environment that reflects our industry leadership.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- View and type on computer screens for extended periods of time.
- Sit, stand, bend, and lift.
- Occasionally lift items up to 50 pounds.