*Please apply directly to Reef for this role.*
Our Product Team is hiring an Associate Product Line Manager (APLM). In this role, you will partner with the Category Managers and Merchandising team with all aspects of creating and managing the life-cycle matrix for REEF. As an APLM, you will work as part of a cross-functional team to maximize growth and profitability in the assigned product portfolio.
The APLM will actively manage the product line, ensuring year over year revenue and gross margin growth. It is imperative that this person executes the right product at the right price at the right time. The candidate will manage product line assortment, product life cycle, pricing recommendations, and SKU rationalization making recommendations for seasonal product adds and drops. This individual must be capable of in-depth analysis both ‘pre’ and ‘post’ season by product line category.
This role will be required to work a hybrid schedule at REEF’s Carlsbad, CA office, meaning three days in-office per week and the remaining workdays remotely.
- Strategic product planning to deliver product strategies that enhance brand and meet needs of consumers across multiple business functions
- Product cycle management - work with Merchandising team to build, drive and strategize merchandise line plan; research and initiate new and existing business/product opportunities; research and interpret market trends for consumer and account opportunities
- Prepare product line strategy and pricing through the formulation of product briefs, that meet revenue and margin targets
- Build & maintain accuracy of seasonal product plans
- Cross-functionally partner with team for Go to Market process alignment through partnership with Design, Development, Marketing, and Sales
- Create merchandising collections & stories through color & materials to ensure commercial product flow
- Drive and develop new short and long-term business and innovation opportunities to achieve financial goals for company and consumer benefits
- Communicate with product creation teams on future product direction, and collaborate with go to market teams to bring new products to life
- Recommend new and carry/over balance of styles- and establish product life cycles
- Manage products through each development milestone to ensure all are on track to achieve targets and goals
- Provide strategic support to evolve the line architecture to match business growth goals and objectives. Evaluate and build toward opportunities, while maintaining current business.
- Give clear and concise product feedback to design and development teams through briefing and go to market process
- Plan, create, and merchandise the product line to ensure an intuitive presentation of technologies and aesthetics with a keen eye for trend and ability for storytelling
- Work in conjunction with Merchandising team, Finance, Sales and Operations to set and manage SKU productivity/margin goals
- Stay current on industry trends and knowledge by attending select trade shows, retail store and account visits, market visits, partnership with consumer insights team, and connection with customers
- Be the consumer and channel expert and understand how to use consumer insights to inform and validate product direction
- Know market competitors including their respective positioning, price points, products, and market share
- Build and maintain timely and accurate line tools
- Purchase competitor and fit samples as needed.
- Collaborate with merchandising team to proof product attributes for seasonal workbook.
- Create tools & align calendar to run more efficiently and foster a productive partnership.
- Build and maintain seasonal VLPs by channel
- Build recommended assortments by channel for each sales-facing milestone
- Manage sales asset creation for line reviews, including 3d render files and product imagery decks
- Aggregate and summarize sales feedback following seasonal milestones
- Manage all style set ups and updates in PLM system
- Create and validate all style names
- Manage women’s product room and set up for key milestones
Required Educational Background:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Retail Merchandising/Buying or related field preferred
Required Years' Experience:
- 2-5 years in a product management role in relevant field
- Retail buying, sales and/or merchandising experience a plus
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of lifestyle/ footwear market preferred, specifically US Family Channel
- Ability to form strong relationships with buyers and key accounts
- Strong verbal and written communication, problem solving, and analytical skills required
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills that inspire, influence, and build trust resulting in effective working relationships with internal and external partners
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Illustrator
- Experience with and ability to work within Product Management software a plus
- Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, our partners, our products, or other departments
- Creativity and passion for product
- Must be detail oriented, resourceful, self-motivated, and proactive
- Must be adept at handling multiple priorities and time sensitivities
- Ability to travel domestically (8-10 trips per years, 2-4 days in duration)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Must be able to carry, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this position, the associate is subject to an office environment and must adhere to the rules and safety regulations of the facility.
- The salary range for this position is $75,000– $90,000.
- The final offer amount will be determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise, and impacted area, and may vary from the amount above. This range also does not represent additional compensation benefits.