*Please apply directly to Roark for this role*
About The Role:
- Position is temporary and seasonal, beginning as soon as possible with an estimated end date of August 2024, end date may change slightly. Must be available for entire duration.
- Maintain the development and quality of assigned styles by serving as the liaison between the Designer/Merchandiser and Supplier.
- The Product Developer is responsible for managing the product development calendar, execution of the product, and on-time sample delivery.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitor and maintain the development communication with suppliers; the Product Developer is the main point of contact for the supplier.
- Build and populate the seasonal line list document and keep up to date as changes are made. Ensuring accuracy at all times and clean and accurate hand offs for samples and production.
- Review and communicate design, fit and construction comments to the supplier & maintain the seasonal style design comment sheet at each sample stage.
- Monitor & track the samples, trims, fabric, print, and color development approvals to/from Suppliers and internal communication.
- Ensure samples are visually approved and manage sample comments with vendors.
- Manage and develop trims as needed each season. Work with Design on needs and art to keep everything on timeline. Liaison between design, art, and the trim vendors.
- Review/approve trim contracts and inventory with trim vendor.
- Manage the sample production cycle and WIP tracker to secure on time salesman/showroom sample delivery.
- Work with Production team each season to ensure that each style is commercialized.
- Work with Fit Tech to prioritize and maintain fit approval schedule.
- All other duties assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 2-4 years experience in cut & sew apparel development (wovens and knits). Printables experience a plus.
- Strong Excel and Illustrator skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, work ethic, and teamwork.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Strong attention to detail for constant accuracy, self-motivated with strong decision-making capabilities.
- Current industry standard technical knowledge of apparel development and manufacturing processes.
- Unique abilities required: Overseas and domestic travel will be required on a seasonal basis; irregular working hours should be expected during peak periods when deadlines are present.
- This position requires you to be in the office every day.
Location: This position is based full time in office in Irvine, CA.
Compensation: The salary range for this position is $5,500 to $6,333 per month; Salary is based on the experience that you bring to the position.
Benefits and Perks:
- Complimentary chef prepared breakfast and lunch provided Monday - Thursday
- Generous product gift program and all brand discounts
- Growth opportunities within the Archipelago family of brands: OluKai, Kaenon, Melin, Roark
- Company bonus program
- 5 year and 10 year Anniversary gifts and travel to desirable destinations, in accordance with plan guidelines
- Wellness program
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance in accordance with plan guidelines
- Company paid life insurance
- 401k with employer match in accordance with plan guidelines
- 15 Days of PTO plus one additional day of PTO every year on your anniversary and 3 Floating Holidays per year
- Paid beach and giveback days, bi annual team building events and other in person celebrations
- Dog friendly office