Please apply directly to Tecovas for this role.
Tecovas is looking for a Mens Footwear Designer to work collaboratively to bring designs to life while ensuring all designs are aligned with the brand's product pillars from concept to completion. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Product Creation, you will be responsible for designing Western, Work, Lifestyle and other categories of Men's Footwear.This position is based out of Austin, TX and it is preferred for you to reside in the Austin area. Working remotely will be considered so don't let that discourage you from applying if you feel you are a perfect fit.What you'll do:
- Partner with Footwear Merchants to develop a strong consumer-oriented point of view and drive design that meets brand and company goals
- Collaborate with apparel and accessory design teams on color stories, trends and design direction
- Create hand sketches and/or renderings with precision and clarity to ensure all levels of detail and measurements are well understood
- Participate in identifying and selected leathers and materials that meet seasonal objectives
- Working from Seasonal Briefs, partner with the Product Management Team to design products within our C2C process and ensure key project deadlines are met
- Work side by side with development team and cross functional partners to ensure all designs executed align with Tecovas Brand Pillars through presentation of designs and color stories during seasonal/milestone meetings
- Work closely with Developers and Commercializers to assure seasonal product designs are developed following technical design specifications once handed off to Development team for tech packs
- Seasonal travel to factories for development trips
- Keep seasonal information up to date and accurate in PLM system
- Use strong knowledge of western market and competitors identify white space and stay on top of trends
Experience we're looking for:
- 5-7 years of experience designing Men's Footwear with a strong understanding of materials
- Extensive knowledge of a variety of constructions such as Goodyear Welt, Cement, Direct Attach, Safety/Non-Safety
- Familiarity with leathers used in footwear and accessories manufacturing
- Experience with Adobe and other Design Software is necessary
- Bonus points for prior experience working with factories in Mexico and Asia
What you bring to the table:
- You are able to work within a high-growth, fast paced environment.
- You are a collaborative team player with a great attitude with the ability to be part of the solution, offering your insights while maintaining the brand's DNA the focus.
- You bring a skilled level of footwear design and knowledge to the team that allows the brand to scale.
- You are able to translate creative ideas into actionable designs.
Full Time Benefits & Perks:
- We offer insurance plans that pay 79-90% of your health premium coverage and 100% of your dental & vision insurance coverage for your family/dependents
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO policy
- Corporate wellness program
- Competitive salary
- Generous employee discounts!