*Please apply directly to Sanrio for this role.*
We are looking for a dynamic and driven Licensing Manager to add to our Sales team! Are you the one? Please see the following job specifications and submit applications if working in an amazing atmosphere with our endearing characters appeals to you.
Principal Responsibility: Support Sr. Director of Licensing in the management of Sanrio's Licensing business. Assist in developing our strategic direction to grow the current licensing business and manage Licensees and categories. Communicate with licensees daily and work closely with cross-functional teams to execute overall brand objectives.
- Contribute to department revenue goals; generate new business.
- Directly manage Licensees & and partnerships across both Hardlines and Softlines categories.
- Analyze existing licensee businesses via sales comparisons, forecasts, trend research, and competitive analysis.
- Routinely follow up with Licensees and business partners on various requests, including business updates, quarterly updates, and payments.
- Work with the Legal team to facilitate contract compliance, including tracking expiration dates and signatures. Oversee and monitor contract expiration reports and provide updates on a weekly basis.
- Compile and update Licensee lists for internal and external reference.
- Prospect for new Licensees, present pitches, prepare sales materials, presentations/decks and ad-hoc reports/requests.
- Contribute to new Licensee recruitment: Blue sky ideation, incremental business opportunity identification, trend research, and overall market analysis.
- Work with the Finance team to gather annual and quarterly sales projections and verify quarterly sales.
- Assist with planning and coordinating meetings and trade shows (ex. Licensing Show).
- Draft Letter of Intent forms, One-Time Authorization requests, and Amendment requests.
- Participate in weekly cross-functional approval meetings with Licensing, Design, Retail, and Marketing teams to gain internal alignment and direction.
- Submit weekly and monthly global team reports and highlights and prepare presentations for internal team meetings.
- Support Product Development process by gathering line lists.
- Facilitate creative kick-off calls for Licensees with Licensing and Creative teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: BA in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field (preferred) and 4 years Consumer Product Licensing experience (at least 2 years is required).
Must possess knowledge of Consumer Product Licensing processes from end-to-end, and must have demonstrated capabilities to develop new business in a Consumer Product Licensing environment.
Proficient in Excel, MS-Office, PowerPoint, Outlook. Strong organization and prioritization skills, attention to detail and analytical skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, managing several projects at once. Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives without supervision. A team player, able to take direction and work professionally with others. Some travel will be required.
*Even though this is a hybrid position, candidates must live in Southern California, and be able to travel to our offices one or two days per week.