Please apply directly to Reef for this role.
The Jr. Color Designer will be responsible for helping create and apply seasonal color palettes and print stories to footwear designs. As a Junior Color Designer, you will assist the team in combining personal instinct, market analysis, trend research, and brand DNA to create a merchandising color flow across all categories each season. To be successful, you must be passionate about the fashion industry, knowledgeable of footwear design trends, and have the ability to effectively predict and create what’s next.This is a full-time position based out of our Carlsbad, CA office. The position will be required to work a hybrid schedule meaning 3 days in-office and the remaining workdays remotely.Job Responsibilities:
- Assist the Women's Product Design Team in creating seasonal themes, color palette and print direction.
- Help build effective presentation materials that communicate creative direction and assist the team with presentation decks for major brand product reviews.
- Collaborate with the Footwear Design and Product Management teams to create multiple merchandising color flows each season.
- Successfully influence color, print and material decisions.
- Continuously bring new ideas and opportunities to the table.
Required Educational Background:
- College level degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Required Years' Experience:
- 2+ years of experience in the product/fashion industry.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A keen understanding of the fashion and product design industry as it relates to footwear.
- Ability to interpret global and local trends appropriate for REEF footwear opportunities.
- Passionate about color and print.
- Able to design new repeat prints and patterns using various techniques.
- Interest in material application.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Advanced Mac skills including Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Ability to generate story and inspiration boards for design opportunities and presentations.
- Ability to take advice and constructive criticism as a means of creating the best opportunities.
- An effective communicator who contributes to team discussion and decision making.
- Must be able to carry, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this position, the associate is subject to an office environment and must adhere to the rules and safety regulations of the facility.
- The salary range for this position is $60,000 – $70,000.
- The final offer amount will be determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise, and impacted area, and may vary from the amount above. This range also does not represent additional compensation benefits.