Please apply directly to Boot Barn for this role
The District Manager is principally responsible for building, maintaining and institutionalizing an environment that supports the Boot Barn mission, demonstrating the highest level of leadership in support of exemplary customer service, manager development/engagement, merchandising standards and store operations. Our District Managers are business drivers whose key role is to lead a team of stores who exceed sales goals and delight customers by leading and owning all customer facing and operational elements within their store. The District Manager will partner their Regional Director, Regional Human Resources, and Store Support Center Partners in pursuit of year-over-year increases and a best in class internal/external customer experience, ensuring consistent profitability of the business through optimized staffing, shrink awareness/performance and expense management.
This position oversees the Pacific Northwest (Oregon and Idaho retail store locations).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Achieve/Exceed district budgeted sales plan.
- Lead district team to foster a service and selling culture, exceed customer expectations and build consumer relationships that will be enduring.
- Partner with store leadership teams to plan and execute successful volume driving events that involve outreach to the local community/market. (Ex. CA’s, events, etc.).
- Develop the skills of leadership teams to ensure customers receive the highest level of service through creating an engaging customer centric selling and service environment, accurate product knowledge, maintain SSC merchandising standards, and all other components of customer service.
- Identify/analyze/react to changing business trends w/in each market to meet or exceed key metrics and sales goals.
- Build partnerships w/ SSC partners to identify ways to accelerate sales w/in your district.
- Observe and coach team on building customer engagement and expansion of our rewards program, explain the benefits of the program and how to increase participation with each customer interaction.
- Develop people strategy for district to include hiring, succession planning, development plans and annual reviews.
- Identify, select and retain top notch talent. Maintain turnover at or below turnover goal.
- Hold leadership teams accountable for achieving sales goals and key metrics in addition to operationally sound stores; through frequent recognition of excellence and frequent discussions where goals are not being met.
- Recognize performance of top talent and build a bench of future leaders, committing to ongoing development of leadership team members to meet various career goals within the company.
- Partner w/ SM to ensure adequate staffing to meet the changing business needs and payroll expenses.
- Ensure stores are staffed w/ teams that are a reflection of the store’s community demographics.
- Reviews store schedules to ensure there is appropriate coverage to drive sales during peak times and ensure a consistent fun and meaningful customer experience
- Understands and leads teams to execute product strategies – to include merchandise presentations, promotions and signage.
- Ensure appropriate merchandise stock levels, merchandise adjacencies and presentations, signing and assortments to meet the needs of the customer along with adhering to all Company visual presentation guidelines.
- Understand/utilize company reporting to build department categories throughout district. Ensure SM’s have a clear understanding of reporting.
- Partner w/ SSC team to react to merchandise needs.
- Prioritize store visits based on the needs of the business; exercising flexibility with schedule in reacting to the needs of the business. Summarize and communicate visits via a District Manager Visit Guide.
- Adhere to all company deadlines given by SSC and/or Regional Director.
- Demonstrate high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, team members and vendors
- Demonstrate high level of quality of work, attendance and appearance
- Work a variety of shifts to meet the business needs including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary
- Adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures and Safety Regulations
- Adhere to local, state and federal employment laws
- Travel up to 80% of scheduled shifts
- Any additional responsibilities assigned by Regional Director or SSC partners
- Associates Degree, and/or 3 to 5 years’ experience in retail store management. Experience managing directs reports and leading teams in a selling environment.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and communication skills
- Well-developed business acumen including the ability to thoroughly understand all aspects of the business
- Expert ability and experience in surfacing and analyzing opportunities and risk with the ability to develop and implement follow through plans
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Customer Centric / Sales Driven – Assesses customer experience within the store and promotes a culture of customer engagement. Focuses on the big picture from a metric perspective – achieving the sales and expense goals established in the overall company plan. Measures results and key metrics that drive to the overall performance goals.
- Meet Customer Needs - Identifies customer trends, expectations, and needs. Ensures that feedback from customers is leveraged to identify improvement opportunities. Ensures follow-up with customers to confirm problems are solved. Continually searches for ways to improve customer service (including the removal of barriers, and providing solutions).
- Ensure Effective Communication - Listens carefully and attentively to others' opinions and ideas. Communicates information clearly, concisely, and professionally. Tailors communication style and content to the audience. Proactively shares timely updates and information with relevant parties.
- Establish Trust - Follows through on commitments. Is honest and direct in dealing with people. Promotes a culture of respect for, commitment to, and compliance with Company values, beliefs, and standards. Ensures the protection of confidential information.
- Make Informed Judgments - Makes sound business decisions based on insight and analysis. Chooses the best alternative based on consideration of pros, cons, tradeoffs, timing, and available resources. Makes decisions that contribute to company performance. Makes timely decisions regarding problems/issues requiring immediate attention.
- Plan And Manage Execution -- Develops realistic plans (e.g., action steps, timelines) to accomplish objectives. Prioritizes and balances time, actions, resources, and initiatives to ensure achievement of critical goals. Holds him/herself and team accountable for outcomes (e.g., achieving goals and complying with policies and procedures). Anticipates and removes obstacles, redirecting efforts to accelerate the work or improve quality.