Please apply directly to Autocamp for this role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for producing timely and accurate financial reporting. This role will support operations teams, ensuring all accounting procedures are streamlined and accurate. This role will be involved in presenting key financial indicators and reports in a precise and prompt manner, playing an integral role in the financial health of the company.
This is a primarily remote position, but will require regular travel to our Santa Barbara office, as well as travel to property sites as needed. Strong preference for someone located in the Santa Barbara / Los Angeles area.
AutoCamp is a lifestyle hotel brand that is changing the way people experience the great outdoors. We provide an upscale, hassle-free, and comfortable experience in the world’s top outdoor destinations – we call it Outdoor Hospitality.
Sounds good? We’d love to hear from you. Be sure to attach both a resume and a cover letter telling us about your relevant experience and salary requirements. Please Note: Resumes submitted without a cover letter will be crumpled up and used as campfire kindling.
Month End Close:
- Oversee the consolidated close procedure across all entities and locations.
- Coordinate and prepare month-end accruals, working closely with department
- leaders and business stakeholders.
- Execute monthly analysis and reconciliations of general ledger accounts,
- ensuring discrepancies are addressed.
- Perform daily income audits.
- Compile Monthly Fee Calculations and invoices which include Marketing, Procurement, Accounting, and Management Fees.
- Input and confirm inventory data from all operational properties.
- Maintain accurate intercompany billing through Intacct.
- Generate monthly and quarterly occupancy and sales tax returns.
- Reconcile data between the Gift Card Database, Shopify, and Intacct.
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Lead the creation and maintenance of yearly budgets.
- Educate department heads and manage the entire budget process.
- Input and monitor budgets in Intacct.
- Probe and record discrepancies in budget vs. actual analyses.
- Prepare payroll journal entries.
- Prepare journal entries for 401k and HSA payments.
- Prepare payments for other benefits.
- Maintain an understanding of management agreements.
- Keep a comprehensive Master Investor Database, ensuring distribution amounts align with Operating Agreements and related covenants.
- Continuously assess workflows for best practice implementation.
- Undertake special projects when necessary.
- A passion for the great outdoors.
- Be a MacGyver - think on your feet and craft solutions even when resources are scarce.
- Principles and practices of financial accounting.
- Advanced knowledge in hospitality management.
- Proficiency in arithmetic including percentages, fractions, and decimals.
- Acquaintance with the practices, theory, and terminologies associated with accounting and investments.
- Skilled in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Adeptness in business communication, including letter writing and basic report creation.
- Familiarity with basic auditing principles.
- Knowledge of modern office methodologies, procedures, and computer tools.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality or related studies and/or accounting and finance.
- Five years experience in hospitality plus a minimum of 2 years serving as a Director
- Non degree applicants with 10 years hospitality accounting experience will also be considered.
$115,000-125,000 per year