Please apply directly to Olukai for this role.
Archipelago Companies, a portfolio of highly successful consumer lifestyle brands, is seeking a talented and passionate individual with an entrepreneurial mindset to join our team. Our brands, including OluKai, Kaenon, Melin, Roark, are leaders in their respective markets, offering high-quality products and authentic marketing stories direct to consumers. At Archipelago Companies, we pride ourselves on our commitment to integrity, and we strive to create a culture of excellence in everything we do. If you are a driven and innovative individual with a passion for consumer brands, we invite you to apply for our open position and become a part of our dynamic and growing team.
About The Role:
As the Director of Human Resources, you will play a pivotal role in shaping and executing the human resources strategy to support the overall business objectives. You will be responsible for overseeing various aspects of HR functions and people management, ensuring alignment with organizational goals, and fostering a positive and inclusive workplace culture.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- In partnership with the VP of Human Resources, develop and implement HR strategies aligned with the organization's goals. Mentor, inspire, facilitate professional development, training certification activities for HR team, act as backup to team as necessary.
- Manage and address employee relations issues and ensure a positive work environment. Mediate and resolve conflicts between employees. Perform Workplace Investigations as needed.
- Design and implement performance management systems. Conduct performance reviews and provide feedback to employees.
- Manage company compliance, stay informed about labor laws and regulations. Ensure HR policies and procedures comply with legal requirements.
HR Policies and Procedures:
- Develop and update HR policies and procedures including employee handbook. Communicate policies to employees and ensure compliance. Lead continuous process improvement for efficiency.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Administer employee benefits programs. Develop and manage compensation structures.
Training and Development:
- Identify training needs and coordinate development programs. Foster a culture of continuous learning.
Talent Acquisition and Management:
- Participate in talent acquisition processes, including interviewing and hiring as needed.
HR Metrics and Reporting:
- Assist with key HR metrics. Generate reports to inform decision-making.
- Develop and implement wellness programs to support employee well-being. Address workplace health and safety concerns.
Diversity and Inclusion:
- Promote diversity and inclusion initiatives within the organization.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Demonstrated success proven through steady career progression within varied HR roles for the last 7 – 10+ years.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, HRIS, Payroll software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization's HRIS and talent management systems.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Knowledge of HR best practices and legal requirements.
- Ability to analyze data and make informed decisions.
- Strong computer technical skills with Microsoft Office products, HRIS and Payroll software.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, high growth environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of team.
- Professional, presentation skills a must.
- Professional certifications such as SHRM-SCP or PHR, HRCI.
Location & Office Structure: This is an in-office hybrid position, minimum of 3 days per week, in Irvine, CA and subject to change without notice as per company guidelines.
Compensation: The salary range for this position is $130,000 to $150,000 plus opportunity for annual bonus; salary is based on the experience that you bring to the position.
Benefits and Perks:
- Complimentary chef prepared breakfast and lunch provided Monday - Thursday
- Generous product gift program and all brand discounts
- Growth opportunities within the Archipelago family of brands: OluKai, Kaenon, Melin, Roark
- Company bonus program
- 5 year and 10 year Anniversary gifts to Hawaii and other desirable destinations
- Wellness program, including but not limited to in-office gym and group fitness classes
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance in accordance with plan guidelines
- Company paid life insurance
- 401k with employer match in accordance with plan guidelines
- 15 Days of PTO plus one additional day of PTO every year on your anniversary and 3 Floating Holidays per year
- Paid beach and giveback days, bi annual team building events and other in person celebrations
- Work with talented and great people who share a love of the ocean lifestyle
- OluKai is a Certified B Corporation with paid company service days
- Dog friendly office