*Please apply directly to prAna for this role.*
About the job
- This is a hybrid role based out of our HQ in Carlsbad, CA. In-office expectation is 3 days a week*.
INHALE, EXHALE, Apply to Team prAna
Our name means breath in Sanskrit, the life force that’s part of everything. You might have noticed that we capitalize the A halfway through. That’s because we’re interested in middles. Specifically, the choices you make between your first inhale and last exhale. While your job doesn’t define your life, where you choose to work is important.
prAna started over thirty years ago with the intention of making clothes that solve problems for climbers, yogis, and creatives so they could spend more of their life doing what they love. Today, we’re still working with the same intention in mind, and if you’re interested in adding your skillset to Team prAna – we would love to get to know you.
About The Position
With a deep understanding of prAna's brand, The Digital Designer is a key member of the creative team, who works closely with the Web Designers, Graphic Designers, Brand, and Performance Marketing, and Art Directors to create and support digital and web-based creative for prAna’s direct-to-consumer channel. The Digital Designer is responsible for creating assets for site and digital marketing efforts, including digital ads, email, and social media. The Digital Designer will carry out projects as directed by Art Directors, with high attention to detail and accuracy, in an aesthetic that aligns with the prAna brand.
How You’ll Make a Difference
- Create digital and visual assets needed for site and Digital Marketing efforts (various imagery/icons/buttons, social media posts, email, banner ads)
- Multitask and execute multiple small & mid-sized projects.
- Understand and troubleshoot brand elements as they relate to digital design.
- Accurately follow briefs and execute design projects, paying close attention to details.
- Assist with the formatting of the blog and social posts – both ad-hoc and templates.
- Proactively seek necessary information on project requirements to ensure clarity and alignment on timelines, deliverables, stakeholders, and hand-offs.
- Work collaboratively & iteratively with Art Directors, designers, and developers, to execute and deliver a flawless end product.
- Maintain best practices for web, digital design, social, and UX design.
- Creative and can execute strong ideas and elevate the design aesthetic of prAna.
- A climbing, and/or yoga enthusiast
- Able to work autonomously and cross-functionally with ease.
- Agile and can work in a fast-paced environment adhering to plans and adapting quickly to change.
- Bachelor’s degree in design or Front-End Development, or an equal combination of experience and education.
- 3-5 years working experience as a digital / visual designer.
- Must be highly proficient with current versions of Adobe Creative Suite.
- User Interface Design – User analysis, Information architecture, Usability evaluation and testing, graphical interface design.
- Best practices for creating and optimizing web graphics.
- Familiarity with Adobe AEM preferred.
- PORTFOLIO LINK REQUIRED EITHER ON RESUME OR APPLICATION
Salary Range: $59,300 - $91,900