*Please apply directly to Converse for this role.*
About our team
The Strategic Portfolio Management – Global Planning team is the strategic enterprise management of end-to-end planning. Scope ranges from industry best practices and process design, program management and data governance. We blend influencing standard methodologies and the future of planning with delivering value to the planning community as they implement the business today.
Who we are looking for
The Lead, Data Governance - Global role will support the overall enterprise analytics initiative with a primary focus on leading the enterprise wide data governance program. Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Facilitate and govern an enterprise wide data governance, data quality and data management roadmap, including necessary IT solutions and/or external services
- Management of the enterprise data governance implementation roadmap including strategic priorities for development of information-based capabilities
- Serve as a liaison between the business and IT and ensure that data related requirements are clearly defined, prioritized, and well understood
- Proactively champions the value of information (data) as a strategic business asset and revenue generator by providing the business and strategy teams with ideas and promoting those ideas into action; including developing and implementing communication, learning, change management and adoption plan
- Maintain data governance policies, playbook(s), processes, procedures for guiding various data management processes, including adoption, data quality control and data dissemination activities
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s principal information assets
- Manage & maintain the enterprise-wide backlog of data initiatives, projects, and activities
- Manage & maintain inventory of the enterprise information maps, including authoritative systems, owners
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
- Identify new business opportunities pertaining to the use of information assets to achieve efficiency and effectiveness in the marketplace / represent data as a strategic business asset at the Senior Management table
- Lead Senior Leaders, comprising resources from the Business and Functional areas and IT business and operations functions, to achieve their objectives; resolve issues raised from Business and Functional areas data governance representatives
What you will work on
The Lead, Data Governance role is the connective tissue across the organization for data governance progress. This individual will be responsible for coordinating various data governance partners and creating transparency and progress over perfection. Converse has started the data governance journey and we’re looking for an individual that can continue momentum, own the program management of the work and drive cross functional adoption. Ability to work with leadership, facilitate stakeholder engagement and coordinate tech initiatives will be paramount to success in the role.
Who you will work with
This position reports to the Director, Strategic Portfolio – Planning & Inventory. You will partner with a broad range of enterprise functional leaders across the enterprise. This is inclusive of Global & Geography; Marketplace Planning, digital/stores/wholesale channel planning, Inventory Planning, Finance, Data & Analytics, technology to name just a few.
What you bring
- B.S. Degree in a data-centric field (Economics, Computer Science or other science field), Information Systems, Information Processing or engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in developing and/or supporting the data management effort including business intelligence
- 2+ years of experience in managing the data as a corporate asset thru the utilization of Enterprise Data Warehouse or Data Lake
- 2+ years of experience in project management with large multinational corporations.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate from executive leadership to employees.
- Strong Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel) skills, specifically in respect to visualization through PowerPoint.
- A solid track record of delivering results (quality, time, budget, change adoption) on globally and regionally-based large-scale transformational projects.
- Stakeholder management and cross-functional interpersonal skills.
- Consistent attention to detail.
- Experienced with formal project management methodologies and know how to adapt, improve, and implement that methodology in a standardized way.
- Project management certification (e.g., PMP, SCRUM, etc.) a plus.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.