*Please apply directly to Fox Racing for this role.*
This role is focused on executing the responsibilities for Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning process. The Category Planner creates and maintains forecast models for their product category incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from Sales, Product Marketing, and other sources. This position leads the dialogue with Sales and Product Marketing in analyzing the business to understand our customer, manage inventory levels, and strategize ways to create new demand. In addition, this position will regularly monitor, update, and message demand and supply-side alerts to the cross-functional team. This position will also be the subject matter expert of the Supply and Demand KPIs used to communicate forecast accuracy, inventory levels, excess & obsolete, and alignment to Financial and corporate targets set (budget / latest operating plan). This person will be a key collaborator in the development in line architecture as well as an integral liaison between the front-end functions (Product and Sales & Marketing) and back-end functions (Supply Chain, Operations, and Finance) in the establishment and execution of the forecast.
This position reports to the Manager of Sales & Operations Planning and allows you the flexibility to work from your home office or is based out of our Irvine,CA office.
As the Category Planner, you will have an opportunity to:
- Demand forecasting - Create the 12-month rolling sku/customer forecast utilizing historical data, current order book trends, and statistical models to facilitate the agreement of a consensus business plan
- Demand forecasting - Create/review/validate rolling 12-month global and regional sku level demand signals incorporating multi-channel season demand to ensure balanced global inventory.
- Sales & Operations Planning - Split seasonal demand into production buys based on timing needs from sales, and production schedule previously determined with the Production Planning team.
- Sales & Operations Planning - Prepare buy approval templates at each production buy for sign off from Executive team prior to purchase.
- Inventory Planning - Responsible for inventory levels, safety stock analysis and settings, fulfillment strategies for assigned product categories.
- Demand forecasting - Own the Sales Analysis process – identification of risks and opportunities with the forecast to demand translation.
- Inventory Planning - Drive timely decisions and execution strategies of E&O inventory. Identify necessary sell plans and financial reserve recommendation.
- Sales & Operations Planning - Support the annual financial plan and budgeting process. Providing risks and opportunities when needed.
- Reporting & Analysis - Tracking and reporting of KPIs and objectives Being able to present KPIs, Product Reviews, forecasts, etc. to Leadership team
- Reporting & Analysis - Develop, implement, and maintain dashboard reporting to support a continuous improvement of the supply chain based on metric driven decisions.
- Category Planning - Conduct SKU analysis to create line architecture targets for the Product Marketing team each season.
- Category Planning - Must be proficient in toggling between the minute details and the high-level perspective with the ability to interpret and communicate the impact to the business
- Systems- Responsible to ensure forecast load and push to SAP is completed successfully on a monthly basis. Own Demand to Forecast deviation review and adjustment and identification of key drivers of variances, identify risks and opportunities and challenge discrepancies. Being able to identify IT issues and inform the team on back-up plans.
- Strong understanding of forecasting, analytics and Sales & Operations Planning with the ability to adopt a growth mindset with continuous improvement.
- Proven successful track record on cross-functional team projects, including leading teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Detail oriented with attention to accuracy.
- Demonstrate strong aptitude in analysis, root causes identification, and problem solving.
You might have:
- Familiarity with supply chain operations, S&OP processes.
- BS/BA in relevant field including Economics, Finance, Math or Business, MBA preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 year of experience in Planning / Analytics function (CPG preferred)
- High functional competency in SAP (or other ERP) and Excel preferred
- Experience buying and forecasting in a consumer products environment
- MBA Preferred
- Knowledge of SAP Preferred
- APICS certification preferred
- Experience in Word or Business Objects desired