Please apply directly to Life is Good for this role.
If what you seek is more than a job, more like a calling, you're in the right place.Your leadership will be the game-changer for optimists everywhere. Why? Because the way we spread the POWER of optimism is through art. Art is our "why". Art unites us. Art elevates us beyond language, boundaries, and divisiveness of any kind. Here, art is the ultimate form of self-expression for our customers. The optimistic art and messages we create are applied to blank "canvasses" known as t-shirts, hats, games, and other lifestyle products our customers intentionally choose to share their own beliefs. Simply put, art is the soul of Life is Good.IMPORTANT DETAILS
- This role is mostly remote with occasional on-site days in Boston.
- This application is unique and will take some time. We chose the questions with intention. If you don't answer them, we’ll assume you're not serious about joining the team. This is your chance to share more about yourself than a resume can convey. You may want to read all the questions before beginning your answers. Some find it helpful to compose answers in another format and paste them into the application.
- Our compensation strategy combines robust market data for companies our size and an innovative bonus program.
- Everyone who applies will get a response from a human. We know that's not the norm and that's ok
Ready? Let's go.YOUR OBJECTIVE
Inspire, manage, and direct your talented team of artists to deliver beautiful, innovative, and thought-provoking artwork that communicates the Life is Good values.Requirements
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- You are accountable for strategically developing and executing art concepts based on guidance from the Creative Director, business units, performance data and market research
- You provide clarity, consistency, effective, and dependable leadership
- You manage the performance and creative output of our internal and freelance artists
- You participate in cross-departmental collaboration for the strategy and execution of creative assets
- You ensure the team meets weekly deadlines
- You manage up to the Creative Director and Operations Director of the Art Department and meet several times a week to gain approval on finished art
- You present graphics to large groups at line reviews and sales meetings
- You are available to work both remotely from your home and in our Boston office
Your Experience and Qualifications:
- You bring the expertise gained from 7 or more years of related professional experience
- You have developed a significant portfolio focused on graphic art, preferably featuring innovative t-shirt concepts
- You are adept at using and teaching Illustrator and Photoshop in a Mac environment
- You speak and write clearly, simply and succinctly
- You are an expert in the principles and use of typography
- You are an expert in developing color schemes and stories
- You have a verifiable track record for delivering high-performance output in fast-paced, deadline-oriented, rapidly changing environments
- You are highly skilled at prioritization in a complex and dynamic work environment
YOU'LL KNOW YOU ARE SUCCESSFUL WHEN
- You and your team meet your goals, milestones and deadlines
- You have executed beautiful work that strengthens our brand is purchased by a broad range of consumers
- Your team is energized, productive, and happy
- You are viewed by others as a brand leader, a "company first" role model who uses Superpowers to grow our brand, business and culture
- You have earned the trust and respect of our Creative Director who relies on your leadership in his absence
We are located in the innovative and thriving Fort Point neighborhood. Our community is full of green space, outstanding food, and entertainment options. We offer comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Transit or Parking Reimbursement Accounts, Life, AD&D, Short, and Long-Term Disability, 401(k) with a match, Paid Time Off, 10 paid holidays, Good Vibes Time (we pay you to volunteer for the non-profit cause of your choice) and Family Time. And we have dogs that like to play.